Jenay's World

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Roll on 2008

Dearest friends it feels like its been years since i last wrote here but in reality it hasnt even been a month. Perhaps its because things just seemed to be happening everyday and my so called holiday hasnt been as relaxing as it usually is... hmmm anyways

I think the last time i left off i was getting ready for Cowra. Writing the talk was a challenge as it always is, but im glad i got the opportunity to do so. At times it was almost like pulling teeth, i could understand completely what it was i wanted to say yet to actually set it down into meaningful sentences was sooo frustrating. Grr at least i got it done and im so thankful for the challenge, i certainly learnt from the task and Gods word never ceases to amaze me!!
Writing my testimony was equally challenging though perhaps in a different manner. I never realised just how emotional writing a testimony could be. Perhaps because i dont consider myself the soppy type but boy that was one intense exercise i had to do. I must say though it was a blessing to be able to share my story with a lovely group of women in Cowra. Knowing that the women were listening to more than just a story, my story, that they were listening to a plead to turn to Christ spurred me on to get through what i thought at the time was a gruelling task. Ok so perhaps it wasnt so difficult but sharing such a personal experience isnt something i find easy to do. And to do that in front of a largish group of adults was certainly putting me to the test.
God willing some women had some food for thought after that event. It was encouraging to see women linger around the bookstore looking for that book that might help in answering some of their many questions. To hear the day after that, a lady was thinking about the possibility that yes there is a great Maker controlling our lives... it just made it all worthwhile.
This yrs team certainly had a different dynamic, i could see God working in many ways every day of that intense week. The heat was at times unbearable and Maccas only offered a brief respite but seeing newbies flourish with excitement and enthusiasm for Gods work was truly a blessing. It wasnt all smooth sailing though, numbers were down in all groups and some injuries on team didnt help BUT it was still x number of people who got to hear the gospel and witness the godliness displayed in Cowra. Praise god!

Though after 7 yrs of Summer Breakout i have finally said my good bye. I did the touristy things with my partners in crime Neen and Yvonne, took a number of happy snaps and spent time reflecting on years gone by whiel watching the wonders of Gods creation. The country despite its harshness is truly a thing of beauty. If youve never been i suggest u take a visit while youve a chance.

That was just over a week ago, since then ive slept and slept and slowly gotten back into the swing of things so to speak. I went for a drive up to Maitland on a drissly day and got to see another of the summer missions. So different to Cowra yet proclaiming the same message God wills. Awesome!

I also got to strap on my skates once again and enjoy the sense of freedom while gliding on ice. I was very scratchy but im sure wiht a few more practises il be just like i was before.. a bumbling pro ice skater wannabe! JUST KIDDING! Nah its just fun and having my rules just make it all the more fun! ;D You hold my hand thats fine... but if i feel ure fallin im letting u go!! I aint going down with you! Teehee that goes for EVERYONE!

Sunday got to celebrate my dear ol' dads bday.. a bit of a surprise but once again the amount of food left me feeling like it was Christmas all over again. Humans can be gluttonous pigs at the best of times... *sigh* oh well! I think the banana cheesecake made up for it though, was deeeeeelicious!

Today braved the school holiday crowds and enjoyed my mums company. Mother daughter days are priceless and i guess im lucky to be able to enjoy occasions such as these. Mums really do become ure best friends when u get to my age.. .man that sounds old doesnt it :P oh well!

Apart from that lifes just good! And im thanking my God for each blessing he sends my way! Amen to that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home