Jenay's World

Monday, May 30, 2005

Busy as a bee!

It's been a busy weekend and just continues to get busy!

Last Thursday and Friday worked on a great yr 5 class :D Smiles all around!!

Saturday was Kickoff. It was the best kickoff i've ever been to!! Heaps of people turned up which was awesome! Praise God! Activities went smoothly and well, and from what i saw i think everyone had an enjoyable time! (I think i could have done a better job at meeting more new people though... oh well, still plenty of time for that)

Later that day a group of us decided to venture out to Yum Cha... I had never been so it was to be a first for me. i must say i quite enjoyed myself immensely though, i wouldn't mind going again! Yummo food! Using chopsticks weren't too much of a hassle for me though (thank goodness) so it wasn't like i starved that avo ;)

Tet though had a Kodak moment with a chickens foot sticking out of his mouth...hmmm can't say i've ever seen anyone do that before. Sadly Clemo forgot his camera so there's no lasting memory :(

With bellies full Jane, Tammie and I trekked off to do a spot of shopping, well mainly Tammie as she wanted shoes. However while on a prowl, Jane and I spotted those furry boots yet again. I nearly ended up with a pair but just as we were about to pay i saw these cool hats! Instead i got the hat. Thanks Jane for an extremely early birthday gift!! I'm wearing it at school on lunchtime duties!! ;)

Then yesterday went to Sunday school at my new church just to check it out. It was pretty good. A bit different to others that i've seen but i thought it was great nonetheless. Quite a funny experience though cos soem of the kids knew me by my teaching name as i teach them at local schools. Heehee i think it scared one of the kids into having a 'good' day behaviour wise.

Last night went back for a very encouraging talk by a visitor and enjoyed yet another meal of fish and chips with other church members. Met new people which was an added bonus and enjoyed fellowship with others :D God is really blessing me this week!!

After arriving home and learning that no one had called for me to work this week, teh phone rang. It was a teacher wanting me to work today! YAY!! It was a yr 4 class this time and yes they were well behaved and made my day more enjoyable. No headache for me this avo!!

Extra bonus was another school rang while i was working and booked me for the next two days. Cool now i can slowly see my bank account grow :D Only to pay a few more things i've just realised i need to pay for :( oh well.

So i guess that's where i stop now.
Off to have some dinner which smells great and it's shark! Those who have never eaten shark should try it! Even I like shark and i'm what you call a fussy eater!!

5 Comments:

  • Have u changed churches? Where r u now?

    By Blogger Therese, at 5:14 PM  

  • Ya i changed abt 5 weeks ago, go to Penno Bapo :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 AM  

  • jenay...shark?? everyone's eaten shark before!! that's what the fish from fish and chips are made of...

    mmmm fish and chips.....mmmmmm

    oh hey, did i tell u that i met grant wong-see a couple of months ago at an interview?

    By Blogger S h e e p F o b, at 3:10 AM  

  • Diddums....

    Why do people feel so compelled to share their day with us?

    Unoriginal.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 AM  

  • Hehe I like to hear about your day :) I don't think I know what shark tastes like, only had sharkfin soup which is nice!

    R u coming to my 21st?

    By Blogger mayz, at 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home